Talking Shop: A Full Weekend of Talks, Readings & Discussion
Date: Saturday 21st + Sunday 22nd September 2019
Venue: Priory Theatre
Time: 12.30pm – 9pm
Price: £35 / £28 for a full weekend pass (on sale now), individual event tickets on sale soon.
– – –
A jam-packed weekend of talks, readings and panel discussions, celebrating some of the most inspiring and thought-provoking new fiction and non-fiction books released in 2019.
We’re over the moon to be able to welcome some of our favourite authors and activists to Kenilworth this year for what promises to be a fascinating weekend of talks, readings and panel discussions. Already confirmed are:
- Award-winning human rights campaigner and writer Caroline Criado-Perez, who’ll be speaking about her new book Invisible Women
- Celebrated author, editor and presenter Nikesh Shukla, who’ll be speaking about his latest YA novel, The Boxer
- Novelist & author Kerry Hudson, who’ll be speaking about Lowborn, described by The Guardian as ‘one of the most important books of the year’.
- Authors from the brilliant ‘It’s Not About the Burqa’ anthology, alongside the book’s editor, Mariam Khan
- Debut novelists Caroline Lea and Elizabeth Macneal, who’ll be talking about their work and historical fiction
- Novelist Rosie Price, who’ll be speaking on a panel about #MeToo in fiction
- Publisher Bella Pearson, illustrator Jane McGuinness, children’s author Serena Patel and bookseller Tamsin Rosewell, who’ll be shining a spotlight on children’s book publishing.
Full line-up, timings and day splits will be confirmed soon! Tickets for individual events will go on sale as soon as the full programme is confirmed. For now, a strictly limited number of full weekend passes, offering access to every single event taking place in Priory Theatre on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd Sept, are available to buy online.
– – –
CONCESSIONS: Concessionary ticket prices are available for people who are registered disabled, unemployed or on a low wage, under 16s and students. Free personal assistant tickets are available for all of our events. Please email email@example.com to confirm a place.
– – –
A BSL Interpreter can be made available for any event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org